The Van der Graaf drummotor basically packs all driving technology inside the tube in a bath of transmission oil. It supplies electrical power to both ends of the shaft and the frequency converter allows for variable conveying speeds. The shafts are sealed with conventional Simmerrings and additional axial seals allow for even underwater operation.
- The VDG drummotor portfolio has a diameter range from 80-620mm,
- A performance range of 0,05-60kW,
- And a speed range of 0,007-5,3 m/s,
- The regular service-cycle is set at 50,000 working hours,
- The 30% higher effective transmission performance vs. ordinary chain driven systems shows in machine running costs,
- Further benefit is provided by its easy installation which increases working safety.